- SmartCash user can send a locked payment that can’t be spent until a specific time or block number. You can also setup a receive address that can only allow spending at a specific time or block number.
New SmartRewards Mechanism
- User will need to activate addresses to receive rewards. This is simply selecting the Activate Rewards button from the SmartRewards tab and accepting the transaction fee.
- SmartRewards will pay every 7 days for those that hold the entire 7 day cycle. A 2x bonus will be paid at 2 months, 4x for 4 months, and 6x, for holding over 6 months. If you spend at anytime the address is disqualified and will need another activation transaction to get rewards again.
- SmartNodes will not get SmartRewards. (They still get SmartNode payments)
- Collateral will change from a minimum of 1,000 to 10,000 SMART to qualify.
New SmartCash Address Format
- In the settings, there is a check box for the new address format. This format isn’t used on 3rd parties yet, but will make it easier to adopt.
- The Smart Application Programming Interface (SAPI) will allow litewallets and applications to get information from the blockchain without using an explorer. SmartNodes will enable SAPI by default on port 8080. Users can use any SAPI to check balance or broadcast transactions.